""Beneath the pressure of torments such as these, the feeble remnant of the good within me succumbed. Evil thoughts became my sole intimates-the darkest and most evil of thoughts.""
-Edgar Allan Poe, The Black Cat

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Dear Diary - Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Having spent the past two weeks spotlighting authors who have been so supportive in my feline ghostwriting adventures in the fictional world of horror (click here for author, Carole Gill and here for author, Blaze McRob) I wanted to take time to spotlight another supportive author, Bessie Mac, who writes about real world horror . . . animal abuse.
"There's room for only one."
Being born in the warm comfort of a home and lovingly chosen over my litter mates at the young age of five weeks to live the life of a quasi famous ghostwriter didn't exactly prepare me to share my life with orphans. I have to say I don’t always like sharing the warm comfort of my king size bed with other creatures of the night or having to give up a portion of my salmon crunchers to some slobbering canine thief, but in some weird way, I’m glad I do. Thanks to them I've come to understand how long a day can feel without fresh food and water or what it takes to survive a winter’s night without shelter. I also know just when you think the whole world has turned its back on you, life brings hope.



This week I’d like to thank Besse Mac, author of Holly’s Story. 





Part of her, The Forever Home Series, Holly’s Story is a tale about courage, strength, love and hope, all told through the eyes of Holly. 


My name is Holly

If you like to read a story that will have you wiping your eyes from sadness and joy, then Holly’s Story is sure to make your tail wag or in my case, twitch!

In addition to spending her time writing, Besse Mac is also a foster mom for the Arizona Schnauzer Rescue which is how she met Holly who compelled her to share the journey of the animals she's fostered.

Below are links to Besse Mac’s website and Blog, where she writes another story in her The Forever Home Series, The Chronicles of Little Bear. I hope you find time to discover Bessie Mac who likes meeting and connecting with other authors on Facebook.

Fangfully yours, 

Efi Loo
The Cat Vamp





4 comments:

  1. Animal abuse makes me sooo mad! All of our pets are rescues, who didn't have homes and were left to fend for themselves.

    I would read these, but I would be guaranteed to cry copiously. I am not a pretty crier.

    But I wish Bessie Mac the best of luck and will recommend her to people I know who can read these stories. =]

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story about some horrific things, Efi Loo. I'm going to check out Bessie Mac's blog and website. Extra tuna for you, my friend!

    Blaze

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Stacey and Blaze for stopping by and supporting another fellow author!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thanks and appreciate to all of you for your support! It means a lot to me.

    The book isn't all sad! There is definitely a happy ending. :)

    ReplyDelete